An exciting, early-stage and rapidly growing software company, who are dedicated to solving persistent storage for containers. StorageOS is built to meet the needs of developers and infrastructure teams, who need production-ready storage they can use from day one.
StorageOS has opportunities for talented Sales Engineer (SE) to support our sales and commercial teams.
StorageOS is an enterprise software product, purchased by innovative organizations via an annual subscription license.
Working in our Sales Team, you will drive our technology-sales opportunities and engagements across the globe. You will be technically credible and experienced, having likely been in the customer’s shoes yourself and “been there, done that”, perhaps previously as a Senior Engineer or consultant.
What you’ll do:
- Own the “Technical” Opportunity Development process and relationships with prospects
- Present the StorageOS technical solution and value prop to qualified leads and potential customers (“Tech Deck”) (via Zoom)
- Identify/shape customer requirements and use cases, mapping them to StorageOS capabilities
- Coordinate and drive the processes for successful customer Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and Demo’s
- Be the primary technical contact between prospective customers and StorageOS teams
- Seek and summarize customer feedback for our internal product, marketing, and sales teams
- Build and adapt technical sales materials for different meetings and audiences
Your competencies and professional knowledge:
Minimum requirements for the role
- Software and/or SaaS technical pre-sales experience
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes, Rancher, OpenShift and Linux
- Broad awareness of technology infrastructure
- Strong customer-facing experience and the ability to build rapport (email, phone, Zoom)
- Great communication and presentation skills (verbal, written)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
- A solid team player, who is self-motivated and has the drive to succeed in a start-up environment
- Attend trade shows and other industry events
Preferred experience, that will really make you shine
- Knowledge of other software-defined storage products (Ceph, Gluster, Longhorn, etc.)
- Good market understanding and experience working within / selling to financial services, digital / SaaS and service provider, and telco customers
StorageOS is a cloud-native, software-defined scale-out storage platform for running containerised applications in production, either on-premises or in the cloud. Platform agnostic, scalable and highly available, we think this is some of the most exciting tech around.
We are a small, agile, close-knit team of accomplished Developers, Engineers and industry experts who are fanatical about innovation. We have a relaxed and friendly culture with open-minded leadership and a flexible approach to working hours and holidays. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are all working safely from home, and the interview process will be carried out remotely.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, email us at [email protected] No new recruiters please.