As part of StorageOS growth, we have opportunities for Internal Sales Reps to support our direct and online sales teams.
An exciting, early-stage and rapidly growing software company, who are dedicated to solving persistent storage for containers. Our purpose-built solution, StorageOS is architected to meet the needs of developers, infrastructure teams and DevOps.
Working for the Head of Sales, you will facilitate via two channels: direct sales and resellers, and an online portal.
You will work closely with our New Business Account Managers as they target customer acquisition within sectors such as: Financial Services, Media, Retail, and Managed Service Providers.
What You’ll Do
- Follow up leads generated through marketing campaigns, from trade shows, meet ups, slack channel, inbound marketing and other events
- Pass qualified opportunities to New Business Account Managers
- Respond to online sales enquires and qualifying via web-based chat form website
- Monitoring online sales via the portal, identifying and following up potential higher growth and upsell opportunities
- Deal with new enquires and any non-technical customer issues
- Explain the StorageOS solution and value prop to potential customers by phone
- Run targeted sales campaigns with specific market segments and tailored messages
- Manage contract renewals and prevent customer churn
- Use Salesforce to report on new sales, churn and other sales and revenue metrics
- Set appointments for New Business Account Managers
Your Competencies and Professional Knowledge
Minimum requirements for the role
- High-level background in IT software sales
- Strong interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Experience of dealing with customers, and the ability to build rapport over the phone and in person
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
- A solid team player, who is self-motivated and has a drive to succeed in a start-up environment
Preferred experience, that will really make you shine
- Broad awareness of IT Software Infrastructure (especially Linux, Containers)
- Customer service experience, possibly obtained in other fields such as retail
- Experience of automation, open-source databases, cloud storage and cloud providers (AWS, Google, MS Azure)
- Basic market understanding and some experience selling to financial services and service provider customers
- Good working knowledge of Salesforce
StorageOS is a cloud-native, software-defined scale-out storage platform for running containerised applications in production, either on-premise or in the cloud. Platform agnostic, scalable and highly available, we think this is some of the most exciting tech around.
With offices in London and New York, we are a small, agile, close-knit team of accomplished Developers, Engineers and industry experts who are fanatical about innovation. We have a relaxed and friendly culture with open-minded leadership, and while the majority of our day to day work is office based to enhance team collaboration, we frequently work from home on an ad hoc basis.
How to apply
To apply for this role, email us at [email protected] No new recruiters please.